Power Up With Energy Bites
Bliss balls are an all-time favorite pick-me-up snack. If you’re feeling down and out, this is one way to get an energy kick. It is actually healthier than taking copious amounts of energy drinks or coffee to stay energised.
Bliss balls come out real quick and delicious – you literally just whizz all the ingredients in a blender, and voila! They’re best for a quick bite in-between meals. These last for good two weeks if kept in a fridge.
You can use ingredients of your choice. I prepared two classic ones – one with, and the other without spirulina powder. Here are simple steps on how to make these beauties.
You will need 6 ingredients:
- 7 tablespoons Urban Platter Pea Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons crushed almonds
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 6-7 dates
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin raw coconut oil
- Blend all the ingredients together to form a nice, sticky dough
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue till the mixture lasts
- You can roll the balls in organic cocoa powder for extra flavor (optional)
- Place the rolled balls into the freezer for an hour, then remove and store in an airtight container in the fridge
Green powder lovers can add 1-tablespoon spirulina powder to the above list of ingredients. I rolled these on a layer of desiccated coconut to give a flavour punch.
I’d be happy to know how you liked these. Leave your comments below.