My Current Skincare Routine
With skin care, the same routine shouldn’t stay forever. I am not saying this solely because of my love for trying out new products, but also the fact that the skin is ever-evolving. Hence, I switch them up from season to season. I often like to try out different brands to get benefits from new/different ingredients.
These days during lockdown, since I am spending more time in Delhi, I have managed to try out some fabulous Indian skincare brands – most of which are natural/organic.
Sharing a list of products I’m using nowadays; they suit my oily/combination skin type, and are perfect for this season.
- Juicy Chemistry Lime Ginger & Rice Organic Cold Pressed Soap – It’s dermatologically tested; 100% natural. It gently cleanses the skin. I use it morning/night.
- Zahara Skincare’s Beldi, made of olive oil and olives. This beautiful product gently exfoliates your skin. I use it 3 times a week. It can be used in the day or at night.
- Juicy Chemistry Bulgarian Rose Water (certified organic) – I use this one as a toner. Morning/night.
- Medik8 White Balance Brightening Serum is my day serum, which consists of vitamin c, oxyresveratrol and turmeric root extract. It’s free from all kinds of nasties – no parabens, alcohol-free, no synthetic colours, no artificial fragrance etc.
- Medik8- HYDR8 B5 is pure hyaluronic acid serum, which can be used on top of a vitamin c serum or whenever your skin feels parched. This too contains no parabens and no synthetic colours. It keeps the skin soft and supple.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel is a lightweight moisturizer that has all the ingredients that rejuvenate skin without making it oily. It’s perfect for oily skin type. I use it in the day/night.
- La Shield Lite SPF 30 is the sunscreen I am currently using. It is lightweight, leaves no white cast, is oil- free and very effective.
- Zahara Skincare Zainab Collection – These are plant stem cells serums I use as part of my nighttime skincare regime. I’ve been using this one from last one week in place of retinol. The serum has all the ingredients that rejuvenate skin – refine fine lines, increase collagen production, provide potent antioxidants and even out skin tone.
- Manuka Honey + matcha is a natural DIY face mask that I apply once a week. It is my favorite combo as it is full of potent antioxidants, helps reduce redness, hydrates and tones the skin. If you don’t have Manuka honey, you can always go for organic, raw honey from any good and easily available Indian brand.
I keep trying out different DIYs to get benefits from different ingredients. Do check out the DIY Skincare blog for more of these.
- Medik8 R-retinoate Eye Serum is a vitamin A based nourishing serum (extremely gentle). It takes care of fine lines, brightens under eye area and refines skin texture. I use it morning/night.
- Face Roller is one of my favourite skincare tools. It is perfect for a soothing massage, instantly de-puffs and freshens my face and under eye area. I keep it in my mini fridge and apply cold. It also lets skincare product ingredients easily penetrate into the skin.
I would love to know your experiences with respect to any of these products. Do leave your comments below.
Stay safe. Stay real. Stay you.