The Essential To-do for Healthy Skin
We all love to look on point. A lot of it has to do with having a healthy and radiant skin.
The good news is that just about anyone can have great skin – all it requires is some time, and of course, lots of TLC!
All the secrets to flawless skin lie in following a good skincare, exercise and sleep routine, along with a nutritious diet. Here are a dozen tips that could make the world’s difference to your skin.
- Always remove your makeup and let your skin breathe. Take your sweet time to do it. Follow up with a moisturising cream (even if you don’t have dry skin), as make up usually dries out your skin.
- Put on a mask once a week. Most face masks target a specific problem, and with all of the different options, please be sure of the type you pick up for your skin.
- Use vitamin C serums. These actually work wonders if you want youthful skin. They reduce fine lines/wrinkles around the face. Apply a small amount of it once or twice a day.
- Avoid the sun if you want to avoid one of the biggest causes of visible ageing. Also, you should develop a habit of using a sunscreen.
- Drink green tea (or drink green juice). Walk into a cosmetics store, and you’d find many products that have green tea as an ingredient. It has a good number of benefits for the skin. Drink a cup or two daily.
- Exfoliate once a week. Please do not miss this. Exfoliation can benefit every skin type. I love how this Cosmopolitan article describes it. “It’s like sanding a wall before you paint”.
- Go for facials once a month. It’s a 360 degrees skincare process. Not to mention the facial massage is also a great stress reliever.
- Don’t pick or touch your face. Most do this unknowingly. My advice – please be conscious.
- Avoid processed foods, and replace refined, sugary foods with natural foods like fruits and veggies rich in Omega -3 fatty acids, zinc, vitamin C, and proteins. Take probiotics as well.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water during the day. Avoid drinking too much water in the night.
- Exercise regularly. Work up a good sweat. It helps with blood circulation which your skin needs.
- Get an 8-hour beauty sleep. There’s not greater stress buster than a good sleep, and a relaxed mind and body are very important for healthy skin.
Follow Us At Facebook