What Do I Eat On A Daily Basis?
“So, what do you eat on a daily basis?” I get this a lot!
I did a blog post on food combination sometime back. Those of you who haven’t checked it out yet, please do go through it. For me, food combination really works as it helps to balance my blood sugar levels, keeping my weight in control and most importantly, my digestion in good condition as I travel a lot.
Question: What do I eat on a daily basis?
Anti-inflammatory foods make up 95% of my diet and I make a conscious effort in combining my foods the correct way when eating at home, going out or travelling.
These foods are perfect for women with PCOS and also non-PCOS women in order to stay vibrant and healthy. They also contribute to overall balance and wellbeing.
List of my favourite anti-inflammatory foods:
(I would always suggest trying to go organic whenever you can)
- Good quality fish – salmon, tuna, sole.
- Fruits- mostly berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and some seasonal fruits of course.
- Healthy oils – olive oil, desi ghee, avocado oil.
- Lentils and legumes – I love mung dal, white chickpeas, black chickpeas.
- Red rice
- Green leafy vegetables – kale, spinach, cabbage and certain seasonal ones.
- Vegetables – broccoli, celery, beetroot and seasonal ones.
- Chicken bone broth
- Nuts and seeds – walnuts, almonds flaxseeds, chia seeds.
- Spices and herbs – ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, basil.
- Tea- green tea.
- Manuka honey.
- Super-green powders.
- Gluten-free bread, oats, sourdough, multi seeds, rye.
- Flour-oats, gluten-free chickpea flour.
- Infused waters – lemon, cucumber, coconut water.
I eat lean red meat, red wine and coffee in moderation.
Dairy and wheat are a complete no-no for me.